Monday, February 13, 2012

Teddy Bear Week!

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear...

.........................................................................
This is Teddy Bear Week at Preschool! Along with talking about teddy bears, we will also be learning about feelings.

There are so many great bear stories that it was hard to choose just a few to read this week. Karma Wilson has a series of "Bear" books that the kids love including Bear Snores On, Bear Feels Sick, Bear Feels Scared, and Bears New Friend. Check out Since we are talking about feelings, we will also be reading Llama Llama Mad at Mama.



Here are some bear songs that we are learning:

You are My Teddy Bear (sung to "You Are My Sunshine")
You are my teddy bear
My only teddy bear
You make me smile dear
You are my friend
You'll never know dear
How much I like you
I'm so glad you're my
Teddy Bear today.

Bear song (sung to "Row, Row, Row Your Boat")
Hug, hug, hug your bear
Squeeze him very tight
Hold him high
Help him fly
Then hug with all your might.

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear (sung to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star")
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, reach up high,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the sky.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch your shoe,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, I love you!


LOOKING AHEAD:* Wed, Feb 22nd is an Early Release Day. Preschool will dismiss at 2:00 PM