Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Turkey day will be here soon and the preschoolers are getting ready! Our letter of the week is Tt for turkey and our color is brown. For our cooking lesson we are going to make turtle sundaes.



There are lots of things going on in our classroom including making a turkey and a horn of plenty craft. The preschoolers are working at home to disguise "Tom the Turkey" so he can come hide and school. Please send in your "Turkeys in Disguise" by Tuesday, November 23rd.

We are going to read some funny stories: Plump and Perky Turkey, Ten Fat Turkeys, Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving, and Thankgiving is for Giving Thanks.

We have been busy learning some songs that we are going to sing at our Thanksgiving Feast. Please feel free to practice the songs at home:

I'm a Little Indian
(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)
I'm a little Indian on the go,
Here is my arrow, here is my bow.
When I go a-hunting, hear me shout,
Bears and buffalo, better watch out!

I'm a Little Turkey
(I'm a Little Teapot)
I'm a little turkey,
Short and fat
I have lots of feathers
On my back.
Gobble, gobble, gobble,
Is what I say,
Quick! Run! It's Thanksgiving Day!


Indian Song
This is how an Indian paddles his canoe (splash,splash,splash,splash)
This is how how he hunts with is bow and arrow too (zip,zip,zip,zip)
This is how he beats upon his drum (boom,boom,boom,boom)
This is how he dances when his day is done (woo-hoo-woohoo)


Parents and welcome to join as at our Feast on Tuesday, November 23rd. The AM class is at 10:15 and the PM class is at 2:00.

Check out some activities you can print and do at home for letter T. (Click to open)

* Reminder: Early Dismissal on Wed., Nov 3oth. Preschool will dismiss at 2:00.